Sunday, May 1, 2016

LED ZEPPELIN (Debut Album) - Influences & Covers


Led Zeppelin's first album, Led Zeppelin, is almost entirely a covers album, with six out of the nine songs being previously recorded by other artists. The majority of the album borrows from blues and folk music. Below is a list of the actual and possible sources of inspiration for each song.

01 - GOOD TIMES BAD TIMES:
[Original]

02 - BABE I'M GONNA LEAVE YOU:
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You (ANNE BREDON)
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You (JOAN BAEZ)

03 - YOU SHOOK ME:
You Shook Me (WILLIE DIXON)
You Shook Me (JEFF BECK)
I Need You (ELMORE JAMES)

04 - DAZED AND CONFUSED:
Dazed And Confused (JAKE HOLMES)
I'm Confused (THE YARDBIRDS)
Think About It (THE YARDBIRDS)

05 - YOUR TIME IS GONNA COME:
I Believe To My Soul (RAY CHARLES)

06 - BLACK MOUNTAIN SIDE:
Black Waterside (BERT JANSCH)

07 - COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN:
Nervous Breakdown (EDDIE COCHRAN)

08 - I CAN'T QUIT YOU BABY:
I Can't Quit You Baby (WILLIE DIXON)
I Can't Quit You Baby (OTIS RUSH)

09 - HOW MANY MORE TIMES:
How Many More Years (HOWLIN' WOLF)
No Place To Go (HOWLIN' WOLF)
The Hunter (ALBERT KING)
Rosie (ALEXIS KORNER)
Steal Away (ALEXIS KORNER)
Beck's Bolero (JEFF BECK)
Smokestack Lightnin' (THE YARDBIRDS)

No comments:

Post a Comment